Translate

Saturday, 29 August 2015

Saturday Critters - Sheep


Once again I am pleased to be linking with Eileen and her wonderful meme, Saturday Critters

This week I am sharing photos I took on our next ramble in the Mournes in Northern Ireland where there are sheep roaming freely and even a family of Highland cattle.



The sheep are not bleeding from attacks or injuries as my kids first thought! Its the shepherd's identification mark for his flock.



This one seemed to be playing Hide and Seek! It popped up from behind the rock!

 
My favourite capture of the sheep.  Chewing the Cud on a heather bed.


Please be sure to visit Eileen and see many more wonderful Critters!


Thanks to all who have signed up to follow.  Your company is valued!

You are most welcome to join via GFC!

Happy Saturday


Christine

21 comments:

  1. Hello Christine, wonderful series on the sheep and cattle. I love the sheep, they are so cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine Great sheep country up the Mournes. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful to see the sheep and cattle ranging freely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always something slightly comical about sheep to me. I love the shot of the sheep laying on the heather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, they are such a lovely animal and you show them off well. Outstanding views.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the sheep are darling! What sweet faces they have :) Happy hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super images, though the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots of lovely animals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super photos Christine, I have a definite soft spot for sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have thought you colorized them....or used them for a craft project! heehee! What neat photos. I would love to see them too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the one peeking out from behind the rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos of the sheep! I love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always loved sheep and those are fabulous shots. Have a lovely day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute critters on the hill, with beautiful blue skies in the background. It feels like the are roaming freely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It amazes me how they get around in that hilly, rocky landscape, great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice shots of the sheep! I do love the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Christine, your blog is really lovely! The photos of the sheep are gorgeous, and the scenery is the best. You have an eye for beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. And thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete