Translate

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

TITANIC Sign!


As a way of celebrating the  historical significance on the shaping of Belfast and its industrial strength, these tall sail like signs, bearing the names of the most well known Harland and Wolff built ships, line Royal Avenue.  

The Titanic sign is in front of the iconic Belfast department store Robinson & Cleaver.

Below you can see the sail like part of the sign reflected in  the Marks & Spencer store front - this one reads 'Olympic' and another says, 'Britannic'.


Linking with Signs, Signs HERE

17 comments:

  1. What a nice way to bring attention to the city's past achievements. I like the look of theses signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a lot to like with the architecture and old style sign letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing, my friend. Your photos always give me a taste of places I would love to visit :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those! I thought it was on the front of the building in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos Christine. I love the old buildings I saw in Belfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I like the building and the Titanic sail like sign. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting way to display the history.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's very cool - I like the one that looks like a sail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot... is that an older building? Really like the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are unique and beautiful signs, that add to the surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prachtig Christine, deze kolossale winkelpanden, en de naam Titanic doet mij direct denken aan de grote scheepsramp.
    Groetjes kees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Fantastic captures Christine, long live the architectural mind 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to show the city heritage kind of lan outdoor historical museum.

    ReplyDelete