Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Tuesday's Treasures


Welcome back to Springhill Plantation, the National Trust property we visited.  Sharing some more treasures from it.  This is a view of the back of the house and you can see the two side extensions built by the second heir of the place, Will Coyningham, who liked to entertain.


It was this framed document that really grabbed my attention.  It is a copy of the official Death Warrant to execute King Charles the First and was given to important families at the time.
Look closely and you can see the third signature is that of Oliver Cromwell,



A special treasure chest!


The gun room and the first blunderbuss I'd ever seen - the two guns above the table.






I don't think anyone could go to far on this old bike but I thought it was still a treasure!


Thanks for joining me and please check out more treasures at Tom's Tuesday Treasures HERE

Also linking with Our World Tuesday HERE

Thanks to our hosts!


22 comments:

  1. Excelente trabalho.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.
    http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house at Springhill Plantation is "simply" a treasure. The stark white is lovely. All of us are surrounded by treasures and I thank you Christine for sharing your's today. Please come back with more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great treasures! I like the treasure chest and the old bicycle. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a great history...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating place! thanks for sharing! And whose bike was that I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I fell in love with the beautiful decorated treasure chest... a real treasure with a special history

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of treasures here for sure! The bike made me think of Father Brown...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great place to visit. I am always attracted to old bikes for some weird reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the look of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting place....I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mix of photos! Beautiful building. I love that treasure chest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the house.
    Great looking old trunk and yes I like that bike too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How interesting! Love that photo of the old bike! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfully interesting place Christine. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love that chest. This would be something we would like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. magical place, full of history !
    I like this visits, because we can feel the past in these places !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Christine, So glad you are showing more treasure from the interior of this lovely old building. I saw the signature of O.Cromwell, how interesting , and what an important historical document. My husband collects guns, and has a blunderbuss in his collection. We both appreciate antiques,and we both said how much we would like to visit this National Trust property, but unfortunately our travelling days are over now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the history here, and that old chest is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning Christine!:) Just stopped by to say thank you for leaving the link to your other blog, which we will definately visit, but not until after Easter.I am really busy right now with family. Thanks again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. great area with beautiful vintage trinkets!!!!

    ReplyDelete