Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Albert Clock


Welcome this new month!  I am sharing a few pictures I took of the Albert Clock in Belfast back in January.  It is a treasured landmark in the centre of Belfast and has recently been restored and straightened up as it had started to lean. (like the tower of Pisa!)



It was finished in 1870, a memorial to Queen Victoria's husband, Albert. See his statue above.


Reminiscent of another famous clock tower in London, Big Ben.




I am linking with Tom for Tuesday Treasures

Thank you for visiting and enjoy your day!


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful and impressive structure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I'd begin to lean if I were this tall. Thanks Christine for sharing you Irish treasure...the land of my great great grandfathers birth. Please return again with more treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is a beautiful clock tower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy...that is one beautiful clock tower. Glad it was restored! A great choice for Tuesday Treasures...
    http://happywonderer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's impressive ! I like the shade of color on the stones, we can see it on your first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful clock tower. The different coloured bricks are unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindas e adorei as que tem o reflexo do sol! bjs, chica

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful clock tower and the clock itself looks a bit like Westminster (Big Ben). A good decision to restore it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad they've straightened it! It's a beautiful clock tower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos.
    Great tower with a clock.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that they have restored it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fotografias com uma boa perspectiva.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful structure! I'm so glad it was repaired rather than torn down.

    ReplyDelete