Saturday, 30 January 2016

Saturday Critters



Time to share a few photos I snapped yesterday whilst out for a walk near home to share with Eileen's

Saturday Critters

Down a lane I saw this donkey and little pony who were hoping I had some treats for them.




As soon as the wee pony knew I had no treats, he turned tail and huffed!


The donkey waited expectantly...



But seemed to droop in dismay when I only offered him some grass.  Poor thing!

He had a cozy looking shaggy coat for winter though but I may have to go check on them today as we are having quite a snow blizzard right now!!!



UPDATE!

So I returned today after the 'blizzard" which wasn't! and checked up on my new friends. Except the donkey clearly recognised me and had no faith in me and stayed away, without so much as a curious glance!

But lil pony came over and we had a fun visit and he enjoyed a few sweet treats! The owners had been with fresh hay too!



the snow was thawing quickly by the time I got there.


Be sure to check out Saturday Critters 


Thanks for visiting !  Enjoy the weekend!

27 comments:

  1. Hello, the pony and donkey are both so cute! Adorable photos. They must be used to getting treats. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expressive faces, you can almost tell what they are thinking. Beautiful animals and lovely photos Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it seems so sweet!
    especially the donkey !
    I like the # 2!! have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine!:)What a lovely encounter you had, and both donkey and pony are super sweet critters.Great captures of both, and very nice scenery.
    Have a good weekend Christine!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the pony is miffed...but it sure is a fuzzy beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they are so cute...you will have to take them a treat next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, they are so cute!
    I hope they are well after the blizzard. Did you bring something tasty for them? :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, they are so cute!
    I hope they are well after the blizzard. Did you bring something tasty for them? :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curious critters...too cute for words!! I don't see any snow!!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the second photo, of the pony up close and personal!! Lol. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the second photo, of the pony up close and personal!! Lol. That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pony's are so sweet, and I love the fur pattern of the brown/white one:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muito lindas todas! beijos,chica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots of these cute critters! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both so sweet! I always have a soft spot for a donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ponies are cute but can be really hard to ride with their choppy gait and sometimes they can be quite obstinate, even more so than the donkey. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excelente trabalho e belas fotografias.
    Um abraço e boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  18. L O V E L Y !!!
    The second photo is so cute.

    ReplyDelete