Translate

Saturday, 19 December 2015

Away in A Manger



Happy Saturday! This is my Saturday Critters post linking up with Eileen and as its so close to Christmas I thought I'd do a seasonal assortment of animals.  We visited this large garden centre which is very popular at Christmas for families as they have a great Santa's Grotto and also this enclosed stable yard for animals.

The two donkeys I nicknamed Stan and Oliver because of their antics.



There are several cute pygmy goats



But what I really wanted to see was the reindeer, Reuben.  Unfortunately he was kept in a very enclosed pen and was more stubborn than a mule, as he refused to turn around or lift his head :-(



So I'm afraid all I saw was his rear end.  I was quite surprised by how small he was - no wonder Santa  needs 12 reindeer to pull his sleigh!


Thanks to all who visit and comment - much appreciated!

Linking with Eileen at Saturday Critters.

Thank you to Eileen for hosting and hope you visit to see lots more critters!

Happy weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Such cute critters... and the donkeys are an important part of Christmas traditions. :)
    It's always a joy to visit your blog. See you soon again!
    Have a most blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute critters... and the donkeys are an important part of Christmas traditions. :)
    It's always a joy to visit your blog. See you soon again!
    Have a most blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute critters. Ha ha I didn't know reindeer can be stubborn and he is cheeky to show you this rear end. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the reindeer was totally not in the mood for photos... lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Christine. I love the donkey, goat and the cute reindeer. I like the names Stan and Oliver for the donkeys. The animals have always been in the Navitity scene. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful animals, but I am especially fond of those pygmy goats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that reindeer were so small either. But, then I've never been around them. You just see pictures in books about Santa and in those they look large. Who would have guessed! Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm smiling at the photo of that reindeer's rear end.Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute. i like the goat and the two donkeys.
    have a nice weekend
    gusta

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute bunch. love the donkeys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute...all of them! Reindeer are rather small. Didn't know they were so stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stan and Oliver look quite personable, I'm sure they're a hoot!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww, how fun to see reindeer, we don't see them very often!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to giggle at your explanation of the reindeer. Sometimes, they just refuse to cooperate! The other animals look cute enough to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine, Sure enjoyed this post. Your photos are interesting and I do think this is the first post I've seen with a reindeer! Very cool! I did not know they were stubborn, so I learned something too! Thanks for sharing! Wishing you and your family a fine Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed your photos here--especially the shot of the donkeys! That does look like one incorrigible reindeer!

    ReplyDelete