Translate

Monday, 28 December 2015

A year in review

 I can't help but look back over my shoulder at the year that has so quickly vanished into the archives of the past.  This year I really began to think about what I could capture with my camera.  Amateurish I know, but a great learning experience.

I certainly didn't set out with the ambition of creating a photo blog when there are so many who are extremely talented out there.  I just enjoy seeing the world better now.

So here are a few simple images of my corner of the globe through the seasons.

Spring in Hillsborough Castle gardens




Summer:

Ring of Gullion County Armagh



Taking my kids to see the Giant's Causeway for the first time...


Autumn river walk, County Down



Christmas fireworks - my nickname for the seed heads of the ivy that grows profusely.


Wintery evening at the lake and a heron takes flight  -  soaring into the future.

Hope your future in 2016 will be wonderful!

Thank you to all who have joined me on this new adventure.  your encouraging comments bolster me!

Happy to be linking with great hosts and memes as follows:

Macro Mondays

Through My Lens

Image-in-ing

Trees and Bushes

Be sure to check them out!

21 comments:

  1. It's nice to reflect back on the year just passing. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Christine! I have enjoyed visiting your blog and look forward to seeing more of your photos and post in the new year. I would love to visit the Giant's Causeway, it is on my bucket list. What a wonderful look back over your past year. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week! I wish you all the best in 2016, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, all!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/12/little-painted-desert.html. Have a happy & healthy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy your photos very much and am glad you began sharing them here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your world with those of us in bogland.Looking forward to seeing many more pictures in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting set of images. There's a little something for everyone. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, showing all the seasons. I don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have all of them. Fall is my favorite, it was my favorite in your set of images. We really had an exceptional fall this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful images and memories!
    It has been lovely to visit your blog during this year. Looking forward to seeing what you will share next year, I wish you a very Happy New (Photography) Year 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, this is what I love about blogging, seeing what it is like on the "other" side of the world. Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. My favorite is the last one with the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun to look back on the year and a blog helps. ;) Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos. I especially love the river one, gorgeous colors! Don't think twice about being an amateur. We all have to start somewhere. You never know until you try. I'm sure I could come up with several more cliches, but you get it. Happy New Year! I look forward to the journey in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed your beautiful photos. As we look back, our hearts overflow with thanksgiving. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. I especially like the 2nd one. What a beautiful peaceful looking spot. The Giant's Causeway is amazing. The looking down at the feet on the paving really enhances the "it was purposely built" effect

    ReplyDelete
  15. seems you had a great year. Hope the next one becomes even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely series of photos. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. from one 'amateur' to another....I have to say that I love your pics and reading your post, I can tell that you have the same passion as I do for photographing the world around you....I hope you will continue to do so because I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a good year...most folks may not know the ivy flowers, interesting.

    ReplyDelete