Translate

Saturday, 17 October 2015

Saturday Critters - Sheep


Time for another Saturday Critters link up with Eileen and this week I have a few shots I took of a breed of sheep I had not known of before.  I was out on my bike cycling along a country lane when I looked over a gate and saw this fella.  I was kind of surprised to see a sheep with a panda like face!

I think its a breed known as Churra from Spain although this one seems to have tighter wool but the markings are the same and very distinctive.

 He did not like it at all when I approached the gate to take photos and you can see his defensive stance!

He quickly made his way over to protect the younger sheep.


So glad you came by and thanks for the comments!

Click here to see more fun critters.

Have a great weekend!

Christine

20 comments:

  1. Hello Christine, they are cute sheep. I like their adorable faces. Great photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of these pretty sheep Christine. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sheep are absolutely adorable!! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I hope you have a beautiful weekend and I look forward to reading your past posts!! : )

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so very cute with such interesting markings!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful black eye -sheeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, my goodness, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such unusual looking sheep. Love how they look. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a sheep he is an absolute stunner! Can you imagine how many jumper you could make with that wool?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. He posed well for you and I do like his face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sheep! I've never seen sheep like these before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Christine!:) They have, very distintive markings,and are.very good looking sheep, and look oh so cute standing together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are interesting-looking sheep! I've never seen any like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable sheep! Lovely photos, and I have never seen this type of sheep. Greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool looking sheep. The face does look like a Panda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are so pretty. I like their black eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm wondering why the sheep over there always look so clean in photos and the ones here look so scruffy!!

    ReplyDelete