Saturday, 12 September 2015

Saturday Critters - Moo!



Welcome to Saturday Critters, Eileen's wonderful meme!

We went out blackberry picking yesterday and along the way said hello to these young heifers.

I can't believe how much they've grown over the summer as they were small calves a couple of months ago.  They all came over to see us - I love the picture below of the single cow running across to the others, afraid she'll miss out on something!

 
See the hedge full of ripe haws - a sure sign this will be a hard winter.

We had time for a game of peekaboo - or peekamoo - sorry, excuse my lame pun!


Love their sweet faces!


Thanks for all your comments, I love to hear from you and hope you follow on GFC

Linking with Eileen's Saturday Critters.  
Check out all of them by clicking here


Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Christine Love cows and all your shots. The other ay I went to a farm in Co. Antrim tovideo the milking so you will see that some ay on my blog. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how curious cows are! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine, they do have the sweetest faces. They did come and greet you, I love the cows. Great shots! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peek a Moo---too funny. All they need is an 'eat chikin' sign : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cuties! i love holsteins as they always remind me of 'home' (wisconsin).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of the cows ~ especially the last one!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are sweet, innocent beings and very photogenic as well :)
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun you got to see them as calves and now get to see them growing and thriving!!!!

    Beautiful captures, and nice detail in the close ups!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you needed a caption for that last one.... "What are you looking at?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love black and white cows ... They are just the perfect ones set against those green fields. ( and I like puns, so everything about this post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I always love to see the cows in the fields. They are such curious and beautiful animals.

    ReplyDelete