Thursday, 20 August 2015

Good Seaside Fences

 Hi! Welcome to my new blog especially for posting photos of my trips and outings in the lovely countryside of Northern Ireland and sometimes even farther afield!

Some of you might have visited my first blog, Preferably Prim, about my crafts and stitching hobbies, but it was going in all directions, hence why I decided to put similar interests in separate blogs.

I would greatly appreciate you following with GFC on my sidebar as I hope to share more of our busy summer trips, though I hasten to add that I am a very amateur photographer!! I just enjoy it and hope you do too!

These are pictures taken earlier this week in Newcastle County Down along the promenade, with views of our beloved Mourne Mountains in the background. (More of those in future posts).

This first photo looks northward ... recently modernised stainless steel fencing...


This is south to the Mournes...


A little further along we cross the new bridge over the Shimna river


A new feature on the promenade was this 5 ft crab claw sculpture.  Fishing in the Irish Sea is a big industry along this coast.


As we left the promenade to head into town, I spied this beautiful wrought iron work railing.  I really liked the stars along the underside!  Click to enlarge.



A very lovely morning for a seaside stroll. Hope you enjoyed! 

Linking with 


Thanks so much and hope you leave a comment and follow!

Best wishes


Christine

12 comments:

  1. lovely views! laughed at the claw. :) congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Lovely to seeing someone else other than myself posting about N.Ireland adn with great photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine, I love these images of the seaside and the neat claw sculpture. I am one of new followers, great new blog. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet seaside fencing! Great looking crab claw!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just followed your new blog - Be sure to add a "Follow By E-Mail" feature as it's easy to get updates that way.
    Enjoyed your fence shots very much. - That "Claw" was cool and that railing was fancy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine! Beautiful pics and I love the cast iron railing, that is my favorite. I know what you mean about having your blog go in all directions, my craft blog is somewhat doing that now that I am loving old fences and such lol.
    I am now following you here too!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so beautiful there!!! love the crabs claw, i am always on the lookout for cool art like that!!

    my blog is a hodge podge of stuff, i don't think i could keep up with two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wrought iron fence is lovely and shows up well with that creamy background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen fences along a beach in person.
    I enjoyed your photos.
    The grill is beautiful.
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your countryside really is beautiful. the railing in the last pic is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete